Those kind of forum replies considered as spam.
Many new bloggers search Google for forums related to their blog niche and start bombing with backlinks to their blog, usually as part of a signature, thinking those will drive a lot of traffic to their blog. Reality shows different.
Next time you reply in a forum consider the following tips.
Be valuable and contribute something in return.
Don’t just comment on the first thread you see. Use search box to find a question on a topic you know. Even if you aren’t sure, suggesting an answer is fine. No one expect you to give the ultimate answer in any reply.
Choose your forums based on their traffic and credibility
- When replying in a forum with a lot of traffic more people will see your answer.
- Highly rated forums are more likely to appear higher in search engines results.
- Forums published by a known corporation (e.g. WordPress.org forum) are considered with valuable content. People are more likely to click links in such forums.
One link per reply is enough
Even if you feel you have more than one link you can contribute to the discussed topic, choose one. Remember the goal of replying is bringing visitors to your blog. Show related posts and increase the time users spend on site.
Use keywords as part of link text
- It will help you increase your pagerank.
- It helps to create catchy links.
- It help you mask the URL of your blog
Sometimes post reply in forums without leaving a backlink
Why is that important? don’t know if you believe in KARMA but sometimes it is good just giving without receiving .
Another reason is for that time you’ll cross the line and a forum moderator will take a look in your replies. In such a case those replies might prevent you from being banned. But you’d better play by the rules.
- Do’s and Don’ts in Your First Month Blogging – Be a Better Blogger
- Drive More Traffic To Your Blog – One More Way
- How To Promote Your Blog – 10 Blog Directories To Submit Your Blog To
- How to Choose a Good Domain Name for Your Blog
- How To Make The Best of All in One SEO Plugin Tutorial – WordPress Plugin Tutorial