I still remember the amazing filling I had the first time I signed into my feedburner account, and saw that someone subscribed to my feed. Someone believe in me, and he would like to get more of my content.
Bloggers tend to measure their blog success by the number of visitors & page views. True, both are important, but in my personal opinion the number of subscribers you have is the most important factor in your blog success.
- Nothing makes a blogger more proud than have new subscribers. The commitment you would have for your subscribers would give you the energy to keep your blog alive and write great content.
- Subscribers are more likely to share your content. Today social bookmarking is the most popular way to go viral. Your subscribers are more likely to tweet, Digg it, stumbleupon… your blog.
- Subscribers are more likely to buy products you promote.Affiliate Marketing is the most valuable way to monetize your blog. Many bloggers become affiliates for products related to the core business of their blog. Your subscribers are more likely to count on your opinion and buy products you recommend.
- Monetize your feeds with ads. check simple ways to make money from RSS feeds
- Subscribers number is one of the factor advertisers take into account when they decide to publish in your blog. Sites such asReviewMe also take into account your subscribers number.
- Let your readers subscribe by email. Unless you blog about technological topic, some of your readers are, probably, not familiar with the use of RSS feeds. Let those subscribe by email.
- Publish your subscribers number. It’s up to you but if you have a large number of subscribers it will help you build your credibility.
- Constant grow in your subscribers number is a good indicator for your content value.
Where to start
In Place For Bloggers I use feedburner. Feedburner provides you with all functionality you need to manage RSS feed in your blog, and its free. Download feedsmith plugin for WordPress and read about one technical issue with feedsmith.
When you finish basic setup steps check this great feedburner how to guidethat helped me.
‘Blogger’ users check feedburner guide for Blogger
Some final words
My personal opinion is that every blog is incomplete without “Free Subscribe” button.
Did you like this post? don’t be shy retweet it and help me spread the word.